Become a Poly Certified Videoconference Professional
Become an Expert
This video conferencing certification is considered an important element that proves efficiency of the candidate to perform implementation, configuration and Polycom Certified Videoconferencing Engineer (PCVE) certification validates the individual’s knowledge of networking models, standards and protocols relevant to videoconferencing.
Both elements of the video engineer certification, verify that the individual has the knowledge and skills required by Poly to offer support to the customer and end-user, understanding the information that should be gathered when escalating more complex problems.
Any individual with the requisite experience can take the test and if successful, become PCVE certified. Poly offers a wide range of video conference training sessions to prepare the candidate to pass the PCVE exam for those who are new to videoconferencing and Poly solutions.
The PCVE Exam
The PCVE exam is administered by a third party via an online proctoring solution. There is no need to travel to a testing facility. Students will complete the exam online with a supervisor watching over video.
The latest version the PCVE certification was updated to reflect changes and features in the recent releases of the RealPresence Infrastructure software from Poly. This new version of the exam contains an updated bank of questions designed to test knowledge of the RealPresence Clariti solutions and to verify that the individual has the knowledge and skills required by Poly to offer support to the customer and end-user.
Candidates are not required to attend videoconference training of any kind prior to attempting the exam. Should they wish to do so, we recommended the following courses:
- Polycom Fundamentals (FSIT201) eLearning modules which cover networking models, standards and protocols and are approximately two hours in duration.
- Polycom System Administration (PLCMISFAT202) eLearning modules which cover the basic skills and knowledge required to manage and operate the core RealPresence Clariti collaboration infrastructure components.
- Collaboration Installation, Configuration, & Troubleshooting – Part 1 (PCICT201): A five-day classroom training covering deployment and configuration of a basic Clariti solution.
Candidates should be very familiar with the material when preparing for the exam.
The PCVE exam questions are based on the following RealPresence software versions:
- Polycom® RealPresence® Collaboration Server v8.8
- Polycom® RealPresence® Resource Manager v10.5
- Polycom® RealPresence® Distributed Media Application™ (DMA®) v10.0.0.3 Core and Edge
- Polycom® RealPresence® Access Director™ 4.2
- Enterprise Video Capture
- Polycom® RealPresence® Web Suite 2.2
You will have 90 minutes to answer 80 questions. The exam questions are broken down into 4 sections as follows. A score of 70% or higher is required to pass the exam.
|Domain||% of Examination|
|2. RealPresence Platform Implementation||
|3. RealPresence Platform Configuration||
|4. RealPresence Platform Troubleshooting||
Please reference the PCVE Exam Blueprint and the FAQs for more detailed information.
Register for PCVE and schedule your exam.
Login or Create New Account at https://ondemand.questionmark.com/home/403076
- If creating a new account, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a onetime password link. Check your spam or junk mail.
- When you set up your account be sure to set your Local Time Zone using the drop-down box and enter your phone number in the Primary Address section.
To register and purchase your exam
- Click Buy Exam, choose Add to Cart under PCVE 5.0 then click the shopping cart icon in the top right corner.
- Click the Checkout box and follow the prompts to the payment screen
- If you have a test voucher/coupon enter your coupon code in the Discount coupon box and click the refresh icon.You are still required to enter billing information on the Payment screen even though the price is $0.00. You will not need to enter any Payment Options.
- If you don’t have a test voucher/coupon fill in your credit card information
- Click Continue and on the next screen click Place Order.
- Your order number will be provided on your checkout confirmation and you will receive two emails: one from email@example.com (confirmation) and another from firstname.lastname@example.org (receipt)
To schedule your exam
- Click My Assessments and your test will be listed under the Proctored tab. It may take a few minutes for the test to populate and if you don’t see anything refresh your page.
- Under Options select Schedule
- Select the date and time for your exam and click Schedule Appointment.
NOTE: ensure you have selected the correct time zone on your profile
An email with instructions on how to test your computer and prepare for your exam will be sent from email@example.com
- Is there a cost to take the PCVE exam?.
- Is the PCVE purely based on passing a single multiple-choice exam?
- How many questions are there?
- How long is the exam?
- What score is required to pass the exam?
- Who is eligible to attempt the exam?
- Are there recommended courses available as preparation for the PCVE exam?
- Is there a charge for completing the Fundamentals Series FSIT201 eLearning modules?
- Will my existing PCVE certifications be valid for its original two-year period?
- If I have any additional questions, who should I contact?
The cost of the PCVE exam is $250 USD. Students who attend the five-day RPIIT202 course are issued a voucher for one free attempt of the PCVE exam. Any future attempts require payment.
No. The exam is comprised or multiple choice, true and false and some drag and drop questions.
80 questions randomly selected from a pool.
You have 90 minutes to answer 80 questions.
A score of 70% or higher is required to pass.
Any individual who feels he or she has the requisite experience can simply take the test and if successful, become PCVE certified.
Poly offers Collaboration Infrastructure Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting RPIIT202, a five-day Instructor Led session, or Fundamentals Series FSIT201 which is a series of short eLearning modules.
No, the Fundamentals Series FSIT201 eLearning does not have any associated fees.
If you have additional questions regarding registration, please contact PolycomU@poly.com.
If you have questions regarding PCVE online proctoring or technical issues while taking the exam, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What do I need in order to take an online proctored exam?
This videoconferencing certification remains valid for a period of two years, and Poly updates the question bank at least once a year to reflect new releases. The updates are aligned with those applied to the Collaboration Infrastructure Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting RPIIT202 course.