CA12CD Product Information
The CA12CD is a cordless push-to-talk (PTT) headset adapter designed to provide encrypted communications and PTT functionality for applications such as Public Safety Dispatch and Air Traffic Control. It works with all
H series headsets
, and utilizes digital processing (DECT) while operating in the UPCS radio band (1.92-1.93 GHz).
RF Power Output
- DECT technology operating in the 1.9GHz radio band provides superior voice clarity and security
- Operates in the UPCS band (1.92 - 1.93 GHz) in North America
- Industry standard ergonomic design of PTT unit
- Robust PTT switch with selectable locking/non-Locking operational modes
- Range: Up to 150 feet depending on the environment
- Two charging wells: one for the remote unit while the other facilitates charging the extra battery pack (supplied with unit)
- 2 lithium-ion battery packs provide longer talk time and faster recharge rates
- Talk time: Approximately 8 hours total
- 6 week lead time on orders
The maximum RF power output for both the base and the remote it is +4dBm. It is recommended by Plantronics to have the bases at least 8-10 ft apart from each other for best density usage. In the US, the UPCS frequency spectrum (1.92mHZ to 1.93mHz) has been allocated by the FCC for use by unlicensed personal communications devices. The FCC, on the other hand, has NOT allocated the DECT frequency spectrum (1.88mHz to 1.90mHz) for this use. As a result, the DECT frequency spectrum cannot be used in the US for unlicensed personal communication devices because their operation can interfere with, or be interfered by, other RF devices operating within this spectrum. In Europe, on the other hand, their radio spectrum governing body has allocated the DECT frequency spectrum (1.88mHZ to 1.90mHz) for use by personal communication devices. And, the UPCS frequency spectrum (1.92mHZ to 1.93mHz) is used by something other than personal communication devices. As a result, you must use UPCS in the US and DECT in Europe.
is a modular version of the CA12CD.