Calisto Pro: How to Answer VoIP Calls
ИД за статия:
How do I use the Calisto Pro with my computer?
Answering Calls from Your VoIP Application You can use your Calisto Pro to answer VolP calls from your computer. To use this feature, you must first install the Plantronics PerSonoCall software, which you can find on the Calisto Pro Series CD. Plantronics PerSonoCall software provides the link between your Calisto Pro and the VoIP software on your computer. PerSonoCall software provides the ability to remotely detect and answer/end a VoIP call using the Calisto headset or handset. Note: You must dial a VoIP call from the computer, but you can transfer the call to the headset at any time. Supported Systems
- Operating Systems: Windows 2000, XP, and Vista
- VoIP Service Providers: Skype™, Yahoo!® Voice (VoIP calling service not included; prior subscription to a supported VolP service required)
- Insert the software CD into your computer's CD/DVD drive.
- If the CD doesn't automatically run, double-click the My Computer icon on your Desktop, and then double-click your CD-Rom drive. Double-click the icon for the program Setup.exe.
- When the installation wizard launches, click Next.
- Click to accept the terms and conditions, and then click Next.
- Click Complete, and then click Next.
- Check the "Launch PerSonoCall whenever Windows starts" box, and then click Install.
- When the installation is complete, check the "Launch audio devices control panel" box, and then click Finish.
- On the Sounds and Audio Devices Properties window, click the Audio tab.
- Make sure that Plantronics Calisto Pro Series is not selected as the Sound Playback or Sound Recording default device, so that your computer directs audio to your computer speakers instead of Calisto. Click OK. NOTE: Once you install your VolP utility software, when you plug in your headset, the headset icon should appear in your computer's system tray. If this icon does not appear, you may need to reinstall the software. If the Calisto Pro is not detected by your computer, the headset icon with an x appears in the system tray.
- Launch your VolP application. Note: Upon launching Skype, a message may appear alerting you that another program wants to use Skype. Select the Allow this program to use Skype option.
- Configure your VolP service (first-time use only):
- Skype: Select the Tools menu, then Options, and then Sound/Audio Devices. For the Audio In, Audio Out, and Ringing options, select Plantronics from the drop-down list. Save these settings before exiting the screen
- Yahoo: Select the Messenger menu, then Preferences, then Calling and Audio. For the Microphone, Speakers and Ringer options, select Plantronics. Select Apply before exiting the screen. Note: If the "Call Set Up Assistant" is disabled, it has no effect on Calisto's ability to place VolP calls. For the latest software troubleshooting tips, see www.plantronics.com/downloads.
- Connect your computer to the bottom of the charging base using the USB cable. The smaller end of the cable goes into the base; the larger end goes into a USB port on your computer.
- Make sure your VolP software (Skype or Yahoo! Voice) is running. Note: If you have several USB ports on your computer, we recommend you always use the same one to connect Calisto.
|Place a call||Place the call as you normally do using your VolP software. Your handset screen displays "Calling Internet." TIP: You must dial calls from the VolP software on your computer; you cannot dial VolP calls from the handset.|
|Receive a call||When a VolP call arrives, the handset has a distinctive VolP ring and your handset screen displays "Internet Incoming Call." Answer the call as you normally would using the handset, speakerphone, or headset.|
|End a call||End a VolP call in the same way you normally would using the handset or the headset. TIP: When you are on a VolP call, you can talk as you normally would from the handset, or transfer the call between the handset, speakerphone, and headset.|