CT11/CT12: How to Register the Digital Security Code
The digital security code is an identification code used to connect the remote and the base unit. Normally, setting the code is not necessary. In the rare situation that you suspect another cordless telephone is using the same security code, you can change the code. To change the code, de register the code, then register a different code. To Register the Security Code:
- Unplug the AC adapter. Do not replace the remote to the base.
- Press and hold PAGE on the base, while you plug in the AC adapter, hold page until the CHARGE/IN USE LED on the base flashes.
- Press TALK/FLASH. "Remote Registering" appears. When the registration operation is finished "Registration Complete" appears and the CHARGE/IN USE LED is no linger illuminated. You will hear a confirmation tone and the phone returns to standby.
- You must complete the registration operation within 30 seconds or the phone returns to the standby mode.
- During the registration operation, you cannot receive an incoming call, page or make a call.
- Remove the remote from the base. In the standby mode, press and hold DELETE and END for about 10 seconds until you hear a confirmation tone. "De-Register?" appears.
- Press the arrow up to select "Yes", then SELECT/CH. You will hear a confirmation tone, and "De-Registration Complete" appears.
- If you have not pressed any key for 30 seconds while in the de-registering operation, the phone returns to standby mode.
- If you receive an incoming call, page or charge the remote while in de-registering operation or press talk/flash or END the operation is canceled.