| When you use Polycom ReadiManager LX100 for the first time, you need to make sure you are working
with supported versions of Microsoft Windows and Internet Explorer, and that you have browser security
settings appropriately configured. Client System Requirements The web interface of the Polycom ReadiManager LX100 is supported on computers with
Setting Up Your Browser There are two security settings in Internet Explorer that need to be set up properly on each client
- Microsoft Windows 2000 or XP
- Internet Explorer 5.5 or greater with Active X control permission enabled
- Pentium II-class processor or higher
- MB RAM. Recommended 128MB RAM for better performance
- 30 MB free space
- the Microsoft Outlook component, MS Outlook 2000 (SR1), Outlook 2003, or
Outlook XP must be installed. (See Microsoft hardware requirements for Outlook.)
- For the Lotus Notes component, Lotus Notes version 6.0.1 or higher must be
installed. (See IBM Lotus Notes hardware requirements.)
PC from which Polycom ReadiManager LX100 will be accessed:
Allowing ActiveX controls Many Active X controls are used in Polycom ReadiManager LX100. The first time that a feature that
- Allowing ActiveX controls
- Setting the Polycom ReadiManager LX100 server as a trusted server
- The settings described below refer to the Internet zone. The same settings should
also be applied to the Local Intranet zone as well, especially if Polycom
ReadiManager LX100 is setup with a WINS Name.
requires an ActiveX control is used, the ActiveX control will be automatically downloaded to the client
PC. To make sure the necessary ActiveX controls are downloaded properly, you may need to change
some security settings in Internet Explorer. To set ActiveX control settings
Note: There are many controls that will be downloaded to the client when accessing certain sections of
- Launch Internet Explorer on the client PC, and from the Tools menu, choose
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Security tab.
- Select Internet.
- Click the Custom Level button to open the Security Settings dialog box.
- In the Security Settings dialog box, select ¿Enable¿ for the following settings:
- Download signed ActiveX controls
- Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins
- Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting
- Select ¿Prompt¿ for the following settings:
- Download unsigned ActiveX controls
- Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe
- Click OK to save the changes to the Security Settings for internet.
- Select Local Intranet and click theCustom Level button to open the Security
Settings dialog box.
- Repeat steps 5 through 7 so that the settings for Local Intranet match those for
- Click OK again to exit the Internet Options dialog box.
Polycom ReadiManager LX100. To avoid this, check the checkbox on the security certificate that
asks ¿Always trust content from Polycom (or other organizations)¿.