Accessibilité Skip to content
Article ID: 000041233
Date de dernière modification: 12/10/2021
Access Level: Public
Why are BT600 USB Bluetooth adapters needed vs. pairing the headset directly to the PC/Mac?
Poly Bluetooth UC devices are full-featured and designed for optimal user experience. To fully benefit from the advanced functionality and have the most reliable audio experience, it is required that the headset is paired via the BT600 USB Bluetooth adapter versus paired directly to the PC/MAC. Poly provides function and additional benefits through the BT600 USB adapter in the following ways:
• PC/MAC Bluetooth systems can vary widely in design and capability. By providing a BT600 USB Bluetooth adapter, Poly can ensure a better experience because we control both ends of the wireless connection
• The BT600 USB Bluetooth adapter functions as an audio processor, which assures the best audio experience through wideband audio support providing the highest voice quality. If connected directly to the PC/MAC, wideband audio is not possible
• Without the BT600 USB adapter, PC/MAC Bluetooth systems do not typically provide capability to use the call control from the headset. Calls must be managed from the PC/MAC GUI and the buttons on the headset do not function. This eliminates mobility and provides a poor user experience
• The BT600 USB Bluetooth adapter supports Poly software which provides advanced features, customization, as well as firmware upgrade capability
• PC/MACs typically do not support all the required Bluetooth profiles or may assign the wrong Bluetooth profile to an application. The result can be poor audio quality, loss of audio on microphone or earphone, and inconsistent operation
• The BT600 USB Bluetooth adapters enumerates to the computer as an audio device and therefore cannot act as a USB storage device. That being said, BT600 adapters cannot be used to access data on the PC/MAC
Pairing the Poly headset to the BT600 USB Bluetooth adapter, rather than pairing directly to the PC/MAC makes for a much clearer and consistent user experience. The BT600 USB Bluetooth adapter comes pre paired to the headset enabling quick and easy set-up.