Bluetooth Headset Troubleshooting: Issues with Android v 2.2+
QuestionI've been using a Plantronics Bluetooth headset with an Android phone (version 2.2 or newer), and have experienced a number of issues. The link drops often and the audio is choppy. Is there anything I can do to correct this?
AnswerTo improve the audio and connection quality, clear the Bluetooth cache on your phone. To do so,
- Unpair your headset from the phone. To do so, go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Bluetooth Settings. Press and hold the device name until the menu pops up, and then press Unpair.
- Once the headset is unpaired, go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Bluetooth Share.
- Click the Clear Cache button.
- Exit out of the Settings menu.
- Pair the headset to your phone again.