Savi Office: How to Change the Configuration Setting
At the factory, Savi Office systems are set to a configuration setting of "A," which works with most phones. If you do not hear a dial tone, or if you have other audio problems, try changing the configuration setting, as described below.
To change the configuration setting:
- On the side of the base, open the cover to the settings switches.
- Slide the configuration switch (see below) to the appropriate setting.
To test configuration:
- With your headset on, press the call control button on the headset.
- Remove the handset from the phone cradle (only if you are not using an HL10 or EHS cable).
- Listen for a dial tone. If the dial tone does not sound clear, adjust the configuration switch until the dial tone sounds best.
- If the dial tone sounds clear, proceed with making a test call. If the audio quality is good, you do not need to make any further adjustments.
- Press the call control button on the headset and return the handset to the cradle to end the test.