Bluetooth Headsets: How to Pair with a Mac
How do I pair a Plantronics headset with a Mac running OS X?
To pair a Bluetooth headset to a Mac (OS X):
- Open System Preferences.
- Click Bluetooth.
- Click the “+” sign to add a new device.
- Select “Headset” as the type of device.
- Put the headset in the pairing mode.
- Click the Search button.
- If prompted, enter the passkey, which is "0000" (four zeros).
- If pairing a stereo headset, a window with the known services of the new headset may appear. The Plantronics stereo headsets will display both the headset and headphone options.
- Click Continue, and then Finish.
- If you'd like the headset to be the default audio device, open System Preferences.
- Click the Sounds icon.
- Click Output, and then select your headset.
- Click Input, and select your headset.
- Test the headset by opening iTunes and playing a song.