CA12CD: How to Subscribe
The base unit and the remote unit come already paired with each other in the factory by a process called subscription. If you replace your remote unit, or if your remote unit loses its subscription (this is shown by a rapidly flashing On-Off indicator), you can perform the subscription process as follows.
- Hold down both of the talk volume controls located on the top of the base unit. The base power indicator should begin blinking.
- Hold the remote unit’s listen volume control in either the up or down position.
- The remote unit’s On-Off indicator will turn on (no flashing).
- The remote unit will subscribe (or re-subscribe) to the base unit, after which the base power indicator will go from blinking to solid, and the remote unit’s On-Off indicator will turn off.
- Unplug the AC adapter from the base unit and then plug it back in.
- Press the remote unit’s On-Off button to allow the link. You will now be able to use the CA12CD.