CT14: How to Use the Multi-Unit Features
What are the CT14 multi-unit features? Though the CT14 only comes with one dial pad and one charging base, you can actually register up to six dial pads to each base. If you purchase more than one CT14 unit, and have several dial pads registered to the same base, users can actually intercom with the other dial pads or even have a 3-way conference with another dial pad and an outside caller. Registering multiple dial pads (handsets) to the same charging base:
- Make sure dial pad batteries are fully charged.
- Disconnect the AC adapter on the base you want to register your dial pad to. Then press and hold PAGE while reconnecting the adapter. Keep holding PAGE until the charge indicator starts to blink.
- On the dial pad, press MENU/SEL. Select the Register Base menu. "Handset Registering" will appear in the display. After step 2, you have thirty seconds to complete this step 3 before the system returns to standby.
- Wait approximately 30 seconds. "Registration complete" will be displayed on the dial pad screen when the handset has been registered to the base (a handset ID will be automatically assigned).
- If "Registration failed" appears on the dial pad screen, try these steps again.
- With the handset out of the base, Press MENU/SEL while the phone is in standby; select the Handset Setup menu, and then select Base.
- Move the cursor to select the base you want to connect to, or choose "Auto" to have the dial pad automatically search for and select the base nearest you.
- Press MENU/SEL again. "Searching" will appear in the display.
- The dial pad will return to the standby mode when the base is found. "Searching" will continue if this base is not found. You can repeat the above searching procedure or return to the original base.
- Press INT'COM/CLEAR during a call.
- Press the Up or Down arrow to select the dial pad (you can also select All to page all dial pads) you would like to transfer the call to, then press MENU/SEL. The call will be automatically put on hold and you will hear a paging tone sound. To cancel the transfer, press TALK/FLASH.
- The selected dial pad(s) will ring and show which dial pad is paging -- and under that will display "Line on Hold".
- When another dial pad answers the transferred call, you will be disconnected from the call. You can re-join the call while it is active by pressing TALK/FLASH. This call would then become a 3-way conference ("Conf" will be displayed on the screen).