- Go to https://author.poly.com/etc/sdl/connector/overview.html
- Click on “Create”
- Select the page you wish to translate. Mostly it should be from EN-US
- In this example, we are selecting www > language-masters > en > legal > warranty > translation-test
- Click “Add”
- If you want to translate child pages; then tick the checkbox “Include Child Page”.
- But try to keep the file count low so that the translation job completes quickly.
- Click “Next”
- Add Name to Project. It should be self-explanatory.
For example; translation-test-DE (we need to translate the page in DE)
- Add description which is PO: 10000003572
- Skip Department section
- Keep the 3 checkboxes ticked
- Select Cloud Configuration:
- SDL + MT + PE + ICR
- SDL + MT + PE
- SDL + HT + ICR
- SDL + MT
- SDL HT
- Select Due Date
- Select Source Language. In our case EN-US
- Select Target Language. In our case German DE
- Select the translated content location: Create Update language copy
- Click “Next”
- On Confirmation Screen click “Start”
- Then open the Job.
- If its SDL + MT; after some time, it will show status as completed. You can visit the German Language copy and verify the page is translated or not.
For “Default” cloud configuration:
- After you click “Start” on the confirmation screen, go to the Job page.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- After some time, the status of the job will be “For Approval”
- Click on “Approve” at the top right.
- Once Translation is completed. It will show status as completed.
- The job will be removed from the SDL overview page.
- Go to language copy and verify whether the page is translated or not.