Calisto P540-M: Basic Troubleshooting
QuestionCalisto P540-M: Basic Troubleshooting
AnswerNote: You must restart MOC after changing its default playback setting for any changes to take effect. Why does the display show "Sign in…" or "Please Upgrade…"when the phone is already connected to my computer? The "Sign in" or "Please Upgrade" messages are displayed when the computer does not have Office Communicator or Lync installed, or has a version of Office Communicator that does not support the phone.
- Confirm the version of Office Communicator 2007 R2 or Lync installed on the computer is v 3.5.6907.37 or later
- Confirm customer is signed into Office Communicator or Lync
- Confirm the P540-M phone is selected as the default device (go to Tools > Set Up Audio and Video)
- Confirm the customer's network connection is active
- No sound may mean that the phone is not physically set up.
- Confirm that the handset is on the cradle if you are trying to hear sounds through the speakerphone.
- Check that the speaker volume is high enough to be audible. Use the volume keys on the keypad to adjust it.
- Verify that the phone is selected as the speaker and microphone device. In Office Communicator or Lync, go to Tools, select Set Up Audio and Video, and select the USB phone from the drop-down menu.
- Verify that the speaker and microphone are not muted in Windows.
- The speaker is not muted on the host computer.
- Restart Office Communicator or Lync after changing its default playback setting.