CS70/CS70N Troubleshooting: Distortion/Echo in Handset
QuestionThe sound in the handset is distorted/I hear an echo in the handset. What can I do?
AnswerTo reduce or eliminate distortion/echo, try the following:
- Reduce the speaking volume by changing the speaking volume major adjust switch setting.
- Point the microphone towards your chin.
- The listening volume is too high on the phone. If you phone has a handset volume control, lower until the distortion disappears.
- If the distortion is still present, lower the listening volume adjust button on the headset. If the distortion persists, select another listening volume major adjust switch setting.
- The base is too close to the computer or phone.
- The system needs to be reset. Perform a system reset as shown here.